Scene store in 5500PACA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damonfung, Apr 18, 2011.

1. damonfung

damonfung

Hello All,

My c-bus network have some scene store in the 5500PACA, and I need to trigger the scene by DLT switch.

However, I couldn't find the Scene which assign in 5500PACA at the c-bus toolkit, how could I do?

And, I need to dim the scene gorup related lighting it like the ULTI master dim function, would any buddy help me?

Thank you all!

damonfung, Apr 18, 2011
  2. damonfung

Newman

The PACA is not programmed with the C-Bus Toolkit software; it is programmed with the PICED software. You will need the PICED project file for your 5500PACA.

If you have the original Toolkit project file for the site, you may be able to discover the Scene Triggers from this file, but you won't be able to determine which groups are part of the scene without triggering the scene and watching the traffic.

Are the scenes in the PACA currently being remotely triggered by another C-Bus device? If so, then you can look at the C-Bus network traffic using the Toolkit Application log to determine how to remotely trigger the scene.

Newman, Apr 18, 2011
  3. damonfung

damonfung

Thank you! Something I have missed. I have transfer the related piced file to the 5500PACA, however, I couldn't trigger the scene by using DLT switch.

damonfung, Apr 18, 2011
  4. damonfung

Newman

When creating the Scene in PICED, you will need to define a Trigger Group and Action Selector for the Scene. Save this configuration to the 5500PACA.

After this, configure the button on the DLT as a Scene key. Assign the DLT to use the same Trigger Group and assign the button to use the same Action Selector. The DLT also requires you to specify a scene from 1 to 8... don't worry about that too much, just specify an empty scene (no groups). Save this to the DLT.

When you press the button on the DLT it will issue the scene trigger onto the C-Bus network. This will trigger the scene in the 5500PACA. You can check this using the Toolkit Application Log.

Newman, Apr 18, 2011
Ask a Question