Scene Setup question

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Andrew, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew

Q. I am working on a colour C-touch project that I have ?saved as? and am re-jigging to suit the required groups. I have a series of buttons set up on a page as follows:

Display
    Lounge
    Table
    TV Lights

All on
    All off.

The ?all on? and ?all off? activate the first four groups on a scene as indicated. I had a problem with the ?display? group button activating the status indication on the ?all on? and ?all off? (the ?all on? and ?all off? are designed to indicate the same and together). But the remainder - ?lounge,? ?table,?? TV lights? ? worked as normal, indicating only the button as pushed which is what is required.

The ?display? group was number 1 in the ?all on? and ?all off? scenes so I decided to make the ?lounge? group number one in the scenes and then the lounge button began to activate the ?all on? and ?all off? indicator but the ?display? button then acted as it was supposed to. And so to did the other groups as I swapped them around.

The only way I was able to stop this was to put a dummy group in as number one in the scene.

Does this have anything to do with having ?saved as? the project or is there just something I am stepping over? Or is it supposed to do that?

Andrew, Mar 21, 2006
  2. Andrew

Darren Senior Member

You haven't said what the All On and All Off buttons are doing specifically. If they trigger a Scene, then you should not get the behaviour you are describing. If, however, these buttons are applying On and Off key functions to the groups in a scene, then it is a different matter. In this case, the indicator will show the state of the first group address in the scene, which sounds like what you are describing. See the note at the end of the "status" topic in the help file.

Darren, Mar 22, 2006
  3. Andrew

JohnC

Check what you have set on "Status" tag > "Scene Indicator" for those 2 scene buttons. You must make sure that the Indicator is set to Scene Indicator and not something else. But there is a problem because the "Scene Off" will indicate that it's ON when in fact all the lights are off !

I get around the problem of a indicator for the Off Scene by setting a SEPARATE indicator for Scene Active - that turns on and off depending on the status of the scene. That's not a separate Group, it's just an additional "non-pressable" button on the page that has no Action, but has got Indicator set. Then I have NO indicators on the buttons themselves.

See this thread where Darren explains it to me very nicely...

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166

JohnC, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Andrew

Andrew

I was applying On and Off key functions to the groups in a scene.

Thank you:)

Andrew, Mar 28, 2006
Ask a Question