<SCENE MODIFY> how does it work exactly?!?!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by janine, Jul 7, 2006.

1. janine

janine

How does the <scene modify> option work in v1.4...? can i change a scene setup on the keypad? and how do i do this?

janine, Jul 7, 2006
  2. janine

Newman

Wired or Wireless? Which type of unit? What's your firmware version?

If you just want to edit the contents of a Scene then you can do that already using Scene Setup mode on Neo, Saturn, Reflection, Multisensor, DLT and C-Bus Wireless.

If a key is set to be a scene modify key then it allows you to "modify" the last set scene in that unit. It allows you to dim a scene up and down all at once, run a timer on all groups in the Scene, etc.

Newman, Jul 7, 2006
  3. janine

janine

Hi :)

Thanks for the info, it's a neo. not sure what the firmware version is at present. All i need to know is if i set key 8 to scene modify and i have two scenes on the keypad, do i press the scene button, change the lights and then push the scene modify?

why does the scene modify have dimmer, on/off etc. options though, thats a little confusing...?

janine, Jul 7, 2006
  4. janine

Newman

If you want to edit the Scene stored in the unit then you don't use the Scene Modify key to do that, you use the Scene Setup feature. To do this, you press and hold the Scene key down for 10 seconds until the indicator starts flashing. You then edit the levels of all the groups in the scene, or set the levels of the new groups you want to add to the scene, then press the Scene key. The updated levels and/or new groups and their levels are now stored for that Scene.

The Scene Modify function is purely to allow you to perform regular key style functions to all groups in a Scene at once. For example, if you have a Scene Modify key that is set as a Dimmer, then it will dim up and down all groups in the last set scene in that unit. If you press a scene key and then press the Scene Modify key you will be able to dim the Scene up and down.

A second example is a Scene Modify key that is set to be a timer. If you have a Scene on key/block 3 and you have a timer value also set on block 3 then pressing the Scene Modify timer will run the timer associated with the last set scene. Want all groups in a Scene to turn off after 5 minutes? No problem.

I suspect that what you actually want is the Scene Setup feature, which has been there all along (all firmware versions) and is not related to the Scene Modify feature.

Newman, Jul 7, 2006
  5. janine

janine

u got it spot on there :)

thanks, i now walk away with two interesting pieces of info :)

Thank you!!

janine, Jul 7, 2006
  6. janine

wanricky

Just another reminder when doing such "on switch" programming: make sure you enter the setup mode and exit it without other people using any other switch/c-touch during the period!!

I just have a fun case that my colleague did that scene setup and another colleague using switches in other area. After getting complaints from client the next day, I went there and watch the setting with computer, I find that the scene "learned" all the address in the other area too :)

so, just make sure you work alone and "exit" setup mode when you finish.

wanricky, Jul 31, 2006
Ask a Question