Scene issues on V3

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MVSobey, Oct 31, 2004.

1. MVSobey

MVSobey

I have noticed after playing with the new V3 software that it has many advantages over V2. It does however have a major disadvantage in comparison to V2 with its use of the scenes on Neo keys. With V2 software when a scene is place on a key, a group description can still be place in the block for that key and can then be assigned to one of the other keys on the unit. This is not possible on the new V3 software reducing the Unit overall functionality.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2004
    MVSobey, Oct 31, 2004
  2. MVSobey

Duncan

Great point!

I've logged it for resolution in a future build..

Duncan, Oct 31, 2004
  3. MVSobey

Duncan

MV.. just a clarification.. I thought on first reading your post that you were using the assigning of a Group Address to the Scene Key in order to 'label' what scene has been set for a key.. I now realise on re-reading that you're looking to reuse the Group assigned to that block on another key..

Regretfully, a pending update to Neo firmware to offer more enhanced scene support may in fact make that form of re-use of the relevant block no longer work. What you have done in the past was an unfortunate loophole in V2. We now reserve the block for additional future functionality.

Duncan, Nov 1, 2004
  4. MVSobey

barry dawson

Shame
    This was a handy feature sometimes in smaller jobs.
    Even if it was a loophole.

barry dawson, Nov 1, 2004
Ask a Question