Scene Dimming /cycle

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Kurt, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Kurt

Kurt

I have 3 scenes setup in a ctc for 1 room and need to find a way to cycle or 'dim' my way through them.
    The reason i cant just dim the scene is due to insistance of the owner to have non dimmable led groups in the room.
    Also want to be able to have 1 button do it all, on, off and cycle ( hoping anyway)

Now each of teh 3 scenes light on, lights mid and lights low work - but i havent been able to get any logic to run through them all.

I found a thread about cycling scenes and that did not work, ive tried using the logic wizard and while its all compiled well, it does not work.
    Using a DLT set to dimmer i can turn the lights on and off but if i try to dim the scenes the lights flicker at the change point, and the slider on teh DLT will not slide up or down, just seems to get stuck at the limit of the scene.

Copied this from the other thread on here and modified but i could not make it work

{once GetLightingState("B2 lights") then
    begin
    if SceneIsSet("Bed 2 Lights On Mid") then
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On")
    else if SceneIsSet("Bed 2 Lights On Low") then
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On Mid")
    else if SceneIsSet("Bed 2 Lights Off") then
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On Low")
    else if SceneIsSet("Bed 2 Lights On") then
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On Mid");
    end;}

What i have also tried so far ( i have edited out a little bit to see of that fixed it ) - also no deal.
    Also sorry for it not being in a box like others - i havent worked that one out yet.

{dim up and down for light scenes}
    once (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") > 67%){ and
    (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") <= 100%)}then
    begin
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On");
    end;

once (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") >= 37%)and
    (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") <= 66%)then
    begin
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On Mid");
    end;

once{ (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") >= 1%)and}
    (GetLightingLevel("B2 Lights") < 36%)then
    begin
    SetScene("Bed 2 Lights On Low");
    end;

Anyone see what ive missed?

Kurt, Apr 10, 2012
  2. Kurt

Don

If you have any available relay channels, the non-dimmable loads can be assigned to relays. By setting thresholds in the relays (with or without using logic in the relays), you can easily configure different numbers of loads to turn on depending on the level of a group.
    A number of non-dimmable loads can then be used with a dimmer key to achieve a coarse dimming effect, which may be what you're after.
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but it may be a way to simplify your problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    Don, Apr 11, 2012
  3. Kurt

Kurt

Cheers for the tip Don, - had never used the turn on fuction before - or actually noticed it.
    I have changed all the lights to the same group address and set the turn on threshold in the relay for the leds and it works as I wanted it to - thankyou

I was initially trying to get the scenes working with the logic so that i didnt have to name everything the same and could still individually control light groups if needed - but this solves 1 room for the time ;)

Kurt, Apr 11, 2012
Ask a Question