Scene dependency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kvnnz, Apr 12, 2022.

1. kvnnz

kvnnz

Hi there.

I have set up a scene for a row of lights in my front entry which is triggered by a PIR sensor as you walk in through the front door. However, I only want this to be enabled if the master 'all off' switch is pressed on the way out. So in other words, the 'entry lights' scene is dependant on the 'all off' scene being pressed. Any help team

kvnnz, Apr 12, 2022
  2. kvnnz

Ashley

The sensor has a group address that allows you to enable/disable it. Just create a new group address for this and include it in you All OFF scene to enable the sensor. You will, of course, need to re-enable it when you get home via some other means. If you have a logic device, you could program this to be automatic when the All Off scene is broken.

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
  3. kvnnz

kvnnz

Thanks for the prompt reply Ashley. I have got this up and running now.
    Another question. Is it possible to only enable certain virtual keys of the sensor with the use of the join mode/enable control via an All Off scene?
    I am thinking it would be good to use the sensor to turn on a row of lights in the front entry after an All Off scene had been triggered, and the rest of the time the sensor can turn on the low level night lights in hallway in night mode

kvnnz, Apr 12, 2022
  4. kvnnz

Ashley

What sensor are you using?

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
  5. kvnnz

kvnnz

5753PEIRL 360 degree PIR

kvnnz, Apr 12, 2022
  6. kvnnz

Ashley

Join mode allows 2 sensors to work cooperatively. It doesn't let you enable/disable blocks independently.

An alternate way of doing this is to use logic in the output units (assuming you are using Cbus Dimmers/Relays to control the lights). On the logic tab for each unit controlling the lights, add the enable ga into one line and select each output you want to control. Select MIN for dimmers or AND for relays. When the enable ga is 0 (OFF) it will force all the outputs off. If the enable ga in ON (100%) the outputs will follow their assigned ga. This way you can leave the sensor enabled all the time.

The disadvantage of this option is that if the enable ga is set to zero, you can't override the sensor and turn the lights on by another switch unless you set the enable ga to 100% first.

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
    kvnnz likes this.
Ask a Question