SC5000CT B/W Touch screen replacement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2SC, Oct 31, 2010.

1. 2SC

2SC

A 4 years old SC5000CT,WE touch screen has broken down and our customer (who just 2 days before payed for a minor upgrade of his system) is really annoyed by the fact that we can't get for him a new one.

I suppose that Clipsal has some as a spare correct?

To whom should we talk to?

2SC, Oct 31, 2010
  2. 2SC

tobex

I have some spare :) Plus there is also some spare on auction in Australia. Will assist however I can if you feel it will help. My spare unit is still relatively new and the price is very very good. Especially since you are paying in Euro :D

tobex, Oct 31, 2010
  3. 2SC

2SC

I am not familiar in buying used stuff from the internet

I would like a new one from Clipsal as a matter of fact.

If this is not possible, tobex you are my first alternative. Should I make a deposit in you bank account in Switzerland?:p

2SC, Oct 31, 2010
  4. 2SC

NickD Moderator

Unfortunately the 5000CT was obsoleted (probably about 4 years ago) by the 5000CT2. It's unlikely there will be any spares available, and given you are so far away, repair is unlikely to be economical, and certainly wouldn't be fast.

When you say it's broken.... what is wrong with it? What happened to it?

Nick

NickD, Oct 31, 2010
  5. 2SC

ashleigh Moderator

Oh, and before any grand conspiracy theories come out, the reason that the older 5000CT was made obsolete was because components used in its manufacture were made obsolete. It was kept in production only by purchasing a large amount of those components ("last time buy"). Once used up, there had to be a replacement.

A small amount of those components WERE set aside for spares and repairs. Last I knew, those have been used up also. There were enough for the 2 year warranty period at the normally expected rate of defects.

ashleigh, Nov 1, 2010
  6. 2SC

tobex

We can do England, Holland, Switzerland and a few other locations but I recommend PayPal because it gives buyer insurance.

Similarly you may opt in for MKII which is the current model, has massive memory and is faster. If you must replace with exactly same model then let me know and I will help.

tobex, Nov 1, 2010
  7. 2SC

CC&C

Coincidentally, I have a 5000CT that I was just about to send back for repair. It is 8 years old and keeps resetting itself to the start up screen, usually after a few hours but sometimes it can last a day or so. Can I safely assume that I would be wasting my time in sending it back? or can I contact someone who'd be able to confirm that rather than wasting time and postage?

Regards, cc&c.

CC&C, Nov 2, 2010
  8. 2SC

Darren Senior Member

It is possible that they may be able to repair it, but there is no way of knowing for sure without looking at it.

Darren, Nov 2, 2010
  9. 2SC

ozmade

C-touch 5000ct replacement screen needed

I im in the need of a replacement screen or someone who can fix one in Melbourne Australia. If anyone out-there can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Ozmade

ozmade, May 26, 2014
  10. 2SC

tobex

Might you want to sell it in its broken state ?

tobex, May 28, 2014
Ask a Question