Saving display from B&W Ctouch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Darren
    Trying to get the diplay shots from the Ctouch unit to put into user manual PDF file (5000CT Users Guide),
    used the "transfer c-touch display" option to get Piced to display whats on ctouch unit but when I use the "save screen with border" it saves the screen behind.

Pages that need updating are;

Diagnostics – first button different
    Backlight- different
    Scenes – show name not number

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2006
    Dave Byron, Jul 4, 2006
  2. Dave Byron

JohnC

Dave,

I know this isn't really answering your question... but any particular reason why you doing a "transfer c-touch display" first ?

Why not just save screen captures direct from the PICED project itself (rather than transferring from Unit) ?

If you are using a PAC etc that varies loads (and thus changes indicators on the B&W), then you can also use Simulation Mode (ctrl+S) to make PICED act like the screen itself (as long as C-Bus is connected etc). That allows you to save the screen in "real time"

Even cooler - use File > Reports > Save all Screen Images, and then you'll find them ALL automatically created as JPGs inside the project folder.

And I am sure you know about the automatic User Manual creation ?

Cheers, John

EDIT AFTER DAVE'S EDIT...

AHA - I see now, Dave - there's no way of capturing the inbuilt pages (Calibration, etc). Therefore, ignore my post above, but I'll leave it there for others to read.

JohnC, Jul 4, 2006
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

John
    The only way you can get to those screens is from a ctouch unit, piced does not show then.
    Try going to the "backlight" page in piced - nogo.

We give the user the user PDF file so they can adjust the backlight and sceens etc, but they complain it does not reflect what shows on ctouch unit.

While sitting under palm tree with darren said I would save pages and sent to him, looks like its a job for paintshop.
    dave

Dave Byron, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Dave Byron

JohnC

Yep - I understand exactly, Dave

You edited your post whilst I was typing the reply (so I have now edited my reply). :)

I raised exactly the same issue some time ago, and was told to tell the client to read the Users Manual.

But, I am pretty sure that it doesn't look the same in the printed manual as it does on screens using new firmware (eg: Scene Editor).

Cheers, JC

ADDED :

Users Manual seems not to be on CIS site any more :
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technic...management_system/input_units/lcd_touchscreen

but Google found the Firmware 1.8 manual at Clipsal:
    http://www.clipsal.com/trade/__data/page/81/W589.pdf

JohnC, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Dave Byron

Phil.H

Dave,

If you are producing a customer handbook would an easy way to produce images like this help.

Hope the attachment is there.

OK I give up - who is in charge of attachments around here ???

Phil.H, Jul 4, 2006
  6. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Phil.H
    What I do is give the user two documents, one of what I create on C-touch and the Clipsal 5000CT Users Guide, now the problem is the Clipsal manual dose not match what is shown on the C-touch. So I was trying to save copies of the correct display and append to the 5000CT Users Guide, till Clipsal update the PDF file.
    Now the problem is there's no way of capturing the inbuilt pages (Calibration, Diagnostics, Backlight etc) in Piced, they only show on a C-Touch unit online.
    So how do I get copies of these display from the C-Touch unit?.

dave

Dave Byron, Jul 4, 2006
  7. Dave Byron

Phil.H

I understand now. That is a good point. What I was going to suggest was what I do for promo docs - have PICED running with the appropriate screen displayed then print screen, crop and size in paint etc and save as a image file. Simple but looks good with the picture of the surround IR window etc.

Your point on the (Calibration, Diagnostics, Backlight etc) objects is a good one. I am sure if we ask nicely Darren will whip up some magic and produce some nice image files for us all. We need to do all we can for good quality installers who are producing professional paperwork for their clients. ;)

Phil.H, Jul 4, 2006
  8. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

Ah yes, that is deliberate.

( Darren goes away and has a cup of tea while trying to come up with a believable excuse. )

Darren, Jul 4, 2006
  9. Dave Byron

JohnC

A digital camera might be the only way until Darren finishes that cup of tea :D

JohnC, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

Finished my cup of tea now :)

For the time being the process of getting the C-Touch screen shots is :
    1. Connect PC to C-Touch
    2. Run PICED
    3. Select Transfer | Connect to Unit
    4. Select required page on C-Touch
    5. Select Transfer | Transfer C-Touch Display
    6. Alt + Print Screen (on keyboard) to copy screen image to clip board
    7. Run a graphics program (Microsoft Photo Editor comes with XP and is good)
    8. Paste image (Edit | Paste as New Image in Photo Editor)
    9. Select area of screen
    10. Crop the area (Image | Crop in Photo Editor)
    11. Save the file

Darren, Jul 5, 2006
Ask a Question