Save Menu

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

In toolkit 1.11.5 the save menu is now missing options, using 1920 x 1080 res on monitor
    tks

dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Apr 17, 2011
  2. Dave Byron

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Dave,

This is a known issue with Toolkit when Windows is set to certain DPI resolutions. It currently works best at 96 DPI.

In Display Properties | Settings | Advanced | 'General' tab, select "Normal size (96dpi)".

I know it's not ideal - we will bump up the priority of a fix for this.

(Issue #7231)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    daniel, Apr 18, 2011
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Hi Daniel
    You must be looking at an un-support version of windows, that option not available in Win 7. This what you get.

To make text and on-screen items clearer in programs that aren't designed for high DPI
    If you set the dots per inch (DPI) higher than 144 while you're running Aero (the premium visual experience of Windows), text and other items on the screen might appear blurry in some programs that aren't designed for high?DPI display in this version of Windows.
    You can avoid this issue by using Windows XP style DPI scaling for these programs.

Some programs display better using Windows XP style DPI scaling.

Click to open Display.

Click Set custom text size (DPI) in the left pane.

Select the Use Windows XP style DPI scaling check box, and then click OK.

So I have that set and makes not difference.

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Apr 18, 2011
  4. Dave Byron

george

Hi Dave,

We will fix this and test on Win7 with Aero in the next release of Toolkit, which we will try to get out as soon as possible. Does it help if you replace Aero with some other Windows theme?

George

george, Apr 19, 2011
  5. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Hi George
    I can live with it till a Toolkit fix comes out by using old laptop when doing changes off line.
    FYI
    I now use multi touch screens and have found that I need at least 120DPI to get buttons etc that my little finger can select, 2 finger commands also need it and Piced needs it as gets a bit confusing trying to work out if it is a Windows or Piced or Logic touch.
    The monitor goes from 96 to 192 DPI.

Toolkit with touch would be a nice feature - it sort of works now - just some buttons need more spacing. At 96DPI try select a unit with your little finger - impossible.

Tks

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    Dave Byron, Apr 19, 2011
Ask a Question