Savant vs SHAC/NAC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dave_F, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Dave_F

Dave_F

Hi Guy's,

I have recently completed my prewire on the house and also went along to the two day C-bus fundamentals course which was excellent.

I am talking to a C-bus retailer who is advising me not to use the SHAC/NAC and instead use Savant as the control system. I have done a search for threads regarding this but I didn’t find anything newer than 18 months old.

They’re telling me that the Savant controller is more powerful and can do more.

Is this correct or has anyone got any information? My preference is to install a NAC and go to the third day of the C-bus automation course next month.

Dave_F, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Dave_F

SmartTech

We use Savant and its better interface in the long run you can use it as bridge to other tech.

SmartTech, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Dave_F

gte242

Depends how much you want to spend, what you want to finally achieve and how good you are at programming in LUA. :) I have a SHAC and have it talking to SONOS, Tech ( underfloor heating controller), fronius (solar panels) and Steibel Eltron (Heat pump).

Taught myself LUA by using internet examples and support from here.

The downside is around the graphics you can spend hours creating your own. There are companies out there that will sell you a graphics package. I used Microsoft Visio which I created wiring diagrams and my graphics with and imported to SHAC.
    Capture.JPG

gte242, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Dave_F

Custom POL35Y

Has anyone achieved 2-way communication/control between C-Bus and Savant...i.e: trigger a Savant scene via a C-Bus switch?

Custom POL35Y, Oct 29, 2021
    RandyC likes this.
Ask a Question