Saturn Communication Wall plates

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by Ashley W, May 3, 2010.

1. Ashley W

Ashley W

I have just replaced my wall C bus switches in my lounge with some Saturn switches and would also now like to replace my ankle level power points and telephone/video outlets with Saturn too.

Looking at the Saturn brochures it seems as if grey is the only colour that the inner plastic parts of these wall plates come in. Is the grey on the Saturn 'communications' plates the same "soft grey' colour that some of the 30 series mechanisms come in or is it slightly different?

Also if I were just to use the standard white electric mechanisms do they look ok with the grey surround with Ocean Mist glass?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    Ashley W, May 3, 2010
  2. Ashley W

Newman

The inner plastic flat area on Saturn switches is not 'soft grey', it is a painted metallic finish that is applied to a part that is moulded out of the soft grey base material.

As to what colour of data outlet looks best... I'll leave that up to your subjectivity.

Newman, May 3, 2010
  3. Ashley W

Ashley W

Thanks for confirming that it is indeed a different colour, I had thought as much as pictures don't always tell the true story.

As for subjectivity and what looks best maybe some people who have installed these might be able to offer their personal opinion on what looks best, especially with the ocean mist glass.

I don't want to go out and buy these plates as an experiment, at great expense only to find that the inserts look crappy and that I would have been better off keeping standard plastic C2000 WE plates. FYI each of my plates currently has 1x CAT5, 1xTV, 2x F and 2xRCA (but thinking to change to banana plugs).

Ashley W, May 4, 2010
Ask a Question