Saturn Blue LED's Some Blue Some With Green Tint?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark_curd, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mark_curd

mark_curd

Hi All,

So as the title briefly mentions, I have two Saturn 2 gang units which on both units the left LED is a different colour than the right. When the orange LED is selected they are a consistent colour and shade, but I have these units setup with the blue LED and I am seeing that I have an inconsistency of blueness so to speak. On both units the right LED is a nice bright bold blue, but the left one is tinted green, is this common?? All my DLT's have bright consistent blue LED's so I'm curious as to why these 2 units are like this??

Here is a photo, it's hard to get one that shows a true resemblance of what is being seen with my own eyes, it really noticeable to the point I have turned the LED's off.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

[​IMG]

mark_curd, Mar 29, 2011
  2. mark_curd

Newman

Looks like a manufacturing quality issue. I'd suggest you get in touch with your supplier and have the units returned/replaced.

Newman, Mar 29, 2011
  3. mark_curd

mark_curd

So this is not something I can expect to see repeated if I went a brought more??

Only reason I ask is the two I have are second hand (not that there should be any reason to expect this defect) which where removed from a property when an elderly woman brought the house and didn't want the system. I picked these up as I want to replace all my switches over to Saturn but am now put off abit. I didn't expect this as like I mention I have some DLT's and they are perfect.

mark_curd, Mar 29, 2011
  4. mark_curd

ashleigh Moderator

There used to be a m/f date code on the units.

What is it?

ashleigh, Mar 29, 2011
  5. mark_curd

mark_curd

Both units have a mrg date of 24 Jan 2007

mark_curd, Mar 29, 2011
  6. mark_curd

NickD Moderator

It shouldn't happen, the LED colour bins are meant to be controlled. If you were to buy more (new), you should not have this problem, however in the event that you did, you should have no problem returning them and having them replaced under warranty.

Given the ones you have in this case are secondhand and 4 years old, you may have trouble getting them replaced - this is probably more in the hands of your local distributor though.

Let us know how you go.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    NickD, Mar 30, 2011
Ask a Question