Saturn Architrave with 30 Mech

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 71monaro, Jan 13, 2011.

1. 71monaro

71monaro

I would just like to confirm the installation of the C-Bus 30 mechanism to a saturn architrave. The Clipsal application note uses a 4036VH as example which is a data plate, so I assume result would be a the 30 mech white switch in saturn surround?
    What i want is a saturn architrave with chrome bell button in which case do I use a 4061 (no mech) or a 4061AL (complete)?

71monaro, Jan 13, 2011
  2. 71monaro

Newman

That is correct.

You can buy either. If you buy the Saturn architrave plate including a mech (4061AL), you will end up removing and not using the supplied switch mechanism, so if you're going to order a new switch, just order the one without a mech (4061). The silver ring and button is contained on the removable cover, so this is independent of the mechanism behind it.

What you will see when you clip the C-Bus 30 Mech into the grid plate is an air gap between the silver button on the cover and the 30 Mech switch behind it. You need to fill this gap somehow so that pressing the button will actually press on the top of the C-Bus 30 Mech. You can use a self-adhesive clear silicone "rubber foot", like the sort of thing supplied on the bottom of a Wireless Gateway or Infrared reader. You can get this sort of thing from Dick Smiths, Jaycar, RS Components, Farnell, etc. It works quite well.

Newman, Jan 14, 2011
  3. 71monaro

Newman

Newman, Jan 26, 2011
Ask a Question