Samsung Smartthings

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by jboer, Dec 6, 2018.

1. jboer

jboer

A little disclaimer - I have worked on the launch and the tech side of the partnership, but don't get anything for actual sales.

But Samsung Smartthings have finally landed here in Aus! Currently only VIC but it will come to the rest of the country soon enough. Good for those people who just want something to tie all their random stuff together.

Edit: At the moment the new Dev platform is mostly designed for manufacturers to tie in cloud platforms, but I am told the direct API to the Hub is coming like they had on the old platform. I am planning on working on the intergration into C-Bus when that happens for my own interests, I’ll share that around though if it happens!

GadgetGuy Article

https://www.racv.com.au/in-your-home/smart-living/smart-home/smartthings.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    jboer, Dec 6, 2018
  2. jboer

Jonk

Can the Smartthings hub be connected to a wiser 2 unit via a Zigbee USB? I was hoping to use the Smartthings hub to control a Zigbee power outlet and remote Garage Door. Can a eDLT switch then be used to control the Zigbee units?

Cheers Jon

Jonk, Oct 4, 2020
  3. jboer

chromus

SmartThings is pretty broken, the you might have better luck with Homebridge.

I can’t even get my Samsung Washer and Robovac to complete the handoff from either I phone or Android tablet setup to wifi.

Samsung’s reply was to “escalate the job” into oblivion as the tickets always get auto closed by their system when they aren’t answered by their engineering teams.

chromus, Oct 5, 2020
Ask a Question