Same IR code to different Velux skylights

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Ianr, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Ianr

Ianr

I have currently programmed a colour touchscreen to open 6 sklights (3 x top and 3 x bottom) based upon room temperature (using setpoint and offset). Firstly the top middle skylight opens then if the temperature is too high this one closes and the two outer skylights open then if it is still too warm, the middle skylight will open again if it is still too warm (all three skylights open). The same operation is repeated in the bottom three skylights.

All the Velux skylights respond to the same IR commands, so only one set of IR commands have been learnt via the IR reader (open, stop and close).

I am using one NIRT to control the top skylights and another for the bottom sklights and use Channel 1 to control the middle skylight and Channel 2 controlling the outside two skylights.

So I have 3 x levels on the NIRT group assigned to fire open, stop and close from channel 1 and 3 x different levels assigned to fire open, stop and close from channel 2.

The operation of channel 1 is fine but channel 2 does not seem to work. I have tested all the IR leads and skylight operation and this is fine, I have tried re-learning the codes and re-programming the NIRT's but nothing works.

I mostly use NIRT's for AC control and use only 1 channel and have had very few problems but this has had me stumped.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Ianr, Sep 18, 2008
  2. Ianr

Newman

There is an issue with how CIRCA (up to and including 2.4.0) handles some types of IR codes on Channel 2 of the NIRT. The problem relates specifically to codes that use the "ij" format (open the file created by IR Reader to find out).

If everything is the latest versions and the code format is something other than "ij" then I suggest you contact tech support.

Newman, Sep 19, 2008
  3. Ianr

Ianr

Hi Newman,

Yes the code is ij.

So is there any work arounds for this??

Regards Ian

Ianr, Sep 21, 2008
  4. Ianr

Newman

PM sent.

Newman, Sep 22, 2008