Same Codes For Turning On & Off Air Con

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Hamza Shamim Siddiqui, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

Dear Friends,
    This is the first time I am here. I was trying to control switching on & off the power of split AC ( Brand General) via E5751L using Circa 2.4 And IR Reader 1.2. This gave me success because different codes are generated every time power button is pressed.
    The trouble I am facing is there is another AC whose remote produces same codes whenever Power button is pressed.
    Hence I am unable to select the Sensor parameters and settings in order to control the AC Power. The scenario I want is whenever there is motion regardless of time AC should switch On and after certain time delay it should Switch Off......
    Is there any one who can help me out !!!!
    Please !!!! :(

Hamza Shamim Siddiqui, Dec 30, 2008
  2. Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

filpee

Use a current sensor to monitor the load pulled through the mains cable.

Have this sensor switch a relay to give you a (dry) contact to feed an Aux input module.

Using logic you would be able to determine when to turn on/off the AC unit.

Another trick is to try out some other buttons on the remote. Like some audio/visual gear the AC might turn on if you send a 'Change Temp' IR command.

Failing all this you could try the manufacturer to see if they can provide a control box so that you can control it properly with rs232 or relays.

filpee, Dec 30, 2008
  3. Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

Same Codes For On & Off AirCon

Dear Filpee thanks for ur reply.
    Well the thing is I dont need to determine when to switch power of AirCon but on the basis of the motion I need to give signal to the emitter in order to switch power.
    In short the issue is like when the Occupancy sensor senses motion it generates signal to turn on the AC and as soon as it senses motion again it switches it off bcoz of same on off codes. Also I need the sensor to retrigger timer whenever motion is sensed as I am controlling the lights of that room using Occ Sensor.
    Have You Got Any More Suggestion ?? :)

Hamza Shamim Siddiqui, Dec 31, 2008
  4. Hamza Shamim Siddiqui

filpee

Do you have logic in your system?

you could use Once(GA=ON) and Once(GA=OFF) to trigger your IR signal.

This would trigger each time the GA goes on (PIR has picked up movement) and then again when the GA goes off (PIR has timed out).

filpee, Dec 31, 2008
Ask a Question