S+ 3.3 Bugs & suggestions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by PSC, Jan 3, 2006.

1. PSC

PSC

1. When adding modules in the logic engine it stops you from creating duplicate module names, but if you create a module called "1" and then create another module called "12" and then edit that module name by removing the 2 you now have two modules with the name "1". This applies to any combination of names & numbers.

2. Project - 7 networks (254, 253, 252, 251, 250, 249, 248), each network has it's own unique lighting applications (51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57) and Motorised Device applications (61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67). Toolkit V1.2.0 - S+ V3.3.0.0 - C-Gate V2.3.44 (build 2077).

When creating scenes in scene manager I am unable to select / view any GA's (except in the trigger control app) in other networks. Ie I can select / view all my GA's in the lighting application on network 254 but when I select another network from the drop down box they are nowhere to be found.

Also, if I go into the "Scene Trigger" tab, select a network other than 254, then select an application (other than trigger control), I get a "Tag database error" "Group 253/51/255 does not exist" (error 14113)(closing S+ & running Toolkit has no effect - as suggested). This exact same message appears each time I select any one of many "lighting" or "motorised device" applications listed. Application 51 only resides on network 254, why is it looking for it on the other networks?

I get exactly the same error when trying to select GA's on any network other than 254 in the Logic Engine.

My default network in S+ is 254; I changed this to 253 but it made no difference.

Suggestion - is it possible to show the application number as well as the application description in the drop down menu? As it shows multiple lighting applications & multiple motorised device applications in the list (for this project). Or, after selecting the required network only displaying the applications assigned to that network?

PSC, Jan 3, 2006
  2. PSC

Duncan

Hi Peter,

Are the Tagnames of your Lighting Applications different?

Duncan, Jan 3, 2006
  3. PSC

PSC

No, they are all the same.

PSC, Jan 3, 2006
  4. PSC

Duncan

Hey Peter,

I'm pretty sure the names need to be different. The code PICED uses for accessing the Tags etc from CGate needs a little work. Richo can you confirm that?

Duncan, Jan 3, 2006
  5. PSC

Richo

Since each network is using a different application address it should be fine ... as long as each application is a different name!

Richo, Jan 3, 2006
  6. PSC

PSC

Previous corrospondence with Darren stated that the application names needed to be the same.

I know it should work, but it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
    PSC, Jan 3, 2006
  7. PSC

Richo

They need to be the same if they are the same address, if they are different addresses then they must be different names for S+, HG & Tica to work correctly. All of these applications were originally built for the V2 software which had this constraint and use a mapping/compatibility layer to access C-Gate.

Richo, Jan 4, 2006
  8. PSC

PSC

Richo,

Previous extensive testing using different application numbers & names failed. I spoke to Darren about this, he said that the application names need to stay the same.

Have you tested the scenario that I that I am having problems with?

PSC, Jan 4, 2006
  9. PSC

Darren Senior Member

This has been added to the bug list. Reference $7453.

This is because the group address tags only exist on the network on which they were created. If you want to copy the tags from one Network to another, use the ToolKit "Copy Tags" function.

This is caused by having Applications on some Networks but not on others. It can also be fixed by use of the Copy Tags function in ToolKit. Bug report #7451 has been raised to try to improve this situation.

If you hover the mouse over the combo box it will show you the Application number as a hint.

This may be the best solution.

Darren, Jan 9, 2006
  10. PSC

PSC

I'm not sure if we are on the same page Darren, ALL group address tags were created in, and are specific to those networks. Are you suggesting that my default network needs to have all the "other" (6) network applications & GA's in it??? :confused:

Clipsal recommend staggering applications on multiple networks, should this not work? As above - Are you suggesting that my default network needs to have all the "other" (6) network applications & GA's in it??? :confused:

PSC, Jan 9, 2006
  11. PSC

Darren Senior Member

Yes. This was what we did when duplicating the problem.
    Not necessarily. Any Applications/Groups on Network X which you want to use from Network Y would need to be duplicated on Network Y.

To stop your problem from occurring, you will either need to :
    1. Not select an Application which isn't used on a particular Network; OR
    2. Copy the tags for that Application across to the other Network

Darren, Jan 9, 2006
  12. PSC

Richo

It's worth mentioning that we are working on a fix so you don't have to manually copy these tags, but until this fix is released Darren's suggestion will get you out of trouble.

Richo, Jan 10, 2006
  13. PSC

PSC

Correction

In a previous post I referred to a posting by Darren stating that the application names need to be same on each network.

Upon further investigation I have found this to be true ONLY when the applications on each network share the same application number.

If each network has the same application number but the names are different S+ cannot see all the applications.

However, if the applications numbers are staggered (ie lighting) 51 (Network 1), 52 (Network 2), 53 (Network 3) and so on across each network AND the applications names ARE different S+ works fine.

If the application numbers are staggered and you keep the application names the same S+ reports multiple errors.

A big thanks to Phil Hodge for the time spent on this problem whilst on annual leave :)

PSC, Jan 10, 2006
  14. PSC

Richo

Isn't that exactly what I said in my earlier post in this thread?

Richo, Jan 10, 2006
  15. PSC

PSC

Maybe you have trouble reading my posts Richo?

The title of my previous post is called "Correction". I believe I clearly stated the misunderstanding between Darren's previous directions for keeping the application names the same (same app #, different names on different networks) & the current situation of different app #'s, same names on different networks.

Anyway, at the end of the day even you realise that S+ is NOT functioning in the way it was intended to... :cool:

PSC, Jan 10, 2006
  16. PSC

Richo

Yes, you definately found a bug that needs addressing. I do appreciate that. This area of application numbers & names with regard to V2 compatibility is a pain and is confusing so I wan't trying to imply anything. Even we get it wrong. :)

Richo, Jan 10, 2006
  17. PSC

Richo

This defect has been fixed in the source code now. Hopefully be released with the next version of S+/HG/Piced.

Richo, Jan 24, 2006
  18. PSC

PSC

Great news Richo, thanks.

PSC, Jan 24, 2006
Ask a Question