RTI to C-bus Lighting Driver Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derick.lts, Feb 11, 2011.

1. derick.lts

derick.lts

Troubleshooting
    The driver includes two text variables specifically to aid in trouble shooting: 'Connection Status' and 'Last Message Received'.

'Connection Status'
    is set to 'Startup' as soon as the XP8 starts the driver. The driver will attempt to make contact with the C-Bus system every 10 seconds. Once it does it will change the variable to 'Initializing' and attempt to load the values of all the devices on the buss. Once it has all the levels it will change the variable to 'Connected' and you're good to go. It is still polling however and if it loses contact for 30 seconds it will switch to 'Not Connected' until it reestablishes contact. This text can be changed by clicking on the {var} text in the Edit Text dialog box.

'Last Message Received' is a short, cryptic dump of the last message received by the driver. It will either give the group number along with true (on) or false (off) for direct switching commands, and will give the group number, level and fade time (in completely arbitrary units).

-> Original message in RTI C-bus driver!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone has the experience in using RTI controller with c-bus lighting system? My system consists of the following:

1. T2-C Remote (2.4Ghz)
    2. XP-8 Control Processor
    3. RZM-24 Receiver

I could only send On/Off command to toggle the lighting groups and not be able to:

1. Not be able to retrieve the status of the lighting groups in my program ('Connection Status' variable only shows 'Initialize' but not 'Connected')

2. Not be able to dim the downlight using slider.

Any idea why I could only send commands instead of receiving? Anyway, I have attached my program at the link below and wish that someone could help me to look into it. Thanks in advance.

derick.lts, Feb 11, 2011
  2. derick.lts

BigM

No Feedback

I have the same problem with an XP8/CBus setup.
    Have you resolved yours?

BigM, Mar 3, 2012
  3. derick.lts

BigM

Resending to the XP will typically fix it. Just try resending again.

BigM, Jun 25, 2015
  4. derick.lts

Gilesy

Regarding the dimming using a slider, make sure the driver command setting states "Level percentage" of the Dynamic parameter. It took me a little fiddling to work that one out :)

Gilesy, Sep 7, 2015
Ask a Question