RTI & C-Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Custom, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Custom

Custom

Does anyone have experience with controlling C-Bus using RTI universal remote controls and keypads via RS232 + PAC or PCI? RTI uses the Theatre Touch software for programming. I have done a search and there were quite a few posts from last year, just looking for current users that may be able to help.

Cheers

Custom, Mar 15, 2007
  2. Custom

Nathan

We have done few RTI T3 and T4 remotes with RP-6 Controll Processors and the serial CM-232. We mainly use this with Digital Homeware and the remote triggers scenes or lights in DHW. That way we can edit or the user can edit DHW scenes. However if you are not using the Digital Homeware product I have been told you can talk to a PCI via the RP-6 Controll Processors and the serial CM-232. You will need to capture the serial strings (ie press a light on and view the string) via a cgate window or diagnostic window. You then copy and paste the string in into the theatretouch software. Make sure the rs232 baud rate is set correct for the PCI. This will only allow ON, OFF or preset triggers from the RTI into C-Bus. You could have say a Low, Med, High button to get different levels as I dont think you can dim from one button.
    Greg from RTI knows about this and has informed me that there will be a RS-232 drop down menu to come in a future update. Cheers

Nathan, Mar 15, 2007
  3. Custom

Custom

Thanks Nathan I will give Greg a call. RTI are also just about to engage a new technical support guy, who I know very well and he knows the product extremely well. Cheers

Custom, Mar 17, 2007
Ask a Question