RPI integration with only CTC units

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by Shubba, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Shubba

Shubba

Hi all,

I've just moved to a new house and they have C-Bus..... however the good news is that I've just come from my previous house that had C-Bus where I managed to get the C-Bus network enabled on a Raspberry PI via the whole Raspian/Homebridge/C-Gate/Project XML files setup as outlined by 'greiginsydney' (https://github.com/greiginsydney/Homebridge-cbus-installer/blob/master/SETUP.md) so I have better background then most.

That house used a PCI-5500 which had a 18-pin connector and I utilised a 18pin <-> USB connector to the RPI and therefore had an IP address for my C-Bus network. I then was running HomeKit on an iPad (which also had Google Home on it - I'm from an Android family), as well as though Google Home on our Android devices, and was able to control lights/fans throughout the house. Even added a Merlin garage opener, Shelly 1L gate release and Ring Doorbell into the mix to "smartify" the home a bit more.

However the new house I have moved into appears to only have the Colour touch (CTC) units and I can't see that it has any other integration option.I've used PICED software from my PC through the same home network (not connected via a direct cable to the CTC unit) and I can see these units on the home network and can identify their corresponding IP addresses. I'm just not sure how I get the same scenario as I was doing a lot of the work through C-BUS ToolKit, and I can't see these devices through toolkit - maybe I don't have the port addresses correct? All three CTC panels (jeez they look dated compared to the iPad I was using..... sorry Clipsal enthusiasts) appear to have the same project files/images etc so one XML project file should be sufficient to reach all units on the C-Bus network

I guess what I am trying to work out is how best to get the similar Homebridge option up and running if I go and purchase another Raspberry PI to dedicate to this and install C-Gate on to it.

How do I have a connection to my home network to provide an IP address (or is this even required if I "tap in" to one of the existing IP address the CTC units are running? Can I plus RPI straight into the Home modem and as this is therefore "connected" via the home network, connected to the C-Bus network via one of the CTC IP addresses.

Hope that makes sense...... Any help, greatly appreciated.

Shubba, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Shubba

Wonkey

The IP address of the CTC cannot be used to scan and access the C-Bus network.
    To achieve what you want you will need either a CNI, SHAC, NAC or Wiser2.

Wonkey, Aug 15, 2022
Ask a Question