Room Usage statistics based on light on/off events (Motion Detection)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Kawobei, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Kawobei

Kawobei

Problem I have a few buildings with alot of motion sensors, each building has its own C-Bus network as it has around 80 sensors in each.

I would like to join 2 or more C-Bus networks together to be able to pull the light on off events from the one CIN (ethernet interface).

Currently I am pulling light on/off UnitID data using telnet on port 20025 to a computer hooked into the CNI (Ethernet interface) in the first C-Bus netowrk, this just shows the lighting events. E.g.
    lighting on //NAME/254/56/63 #sourceunit=32 OID=b7ccec40-d97a-1031-a886-db254baa8ebe

I then use some scripting to grab the bits I need and put that in a database with a timestamp for later reporting.

I believe a C-Bus network bridge can be used to join them:
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technic...s/system_units_and_accessories/network_bridge

Do you know if using the bridge will I be able to see those events happening in second side C-Bus network?

Kawobei, Jun 24, 2014
  2. Kawobei

Mr Mark

Yes, you can - the network bridge will do what you want, as long as it's configured correctly (a lot of people seem to forget to program both sides of a network bridge).

Mr Mark, Jun 24, 2014
  3. Kawobei

Kawobei

Sweet thank you very much.

Kawobei, Jun 25, 2014
Ask a Question