Roller Shutters

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by znelbok, Nov 14, 2005.

1. znelbok

znelbok

We have all seen the many threads on curtain control and C-bus

I am putting in some electric roller shutters and I want to tie them in with C-bus.

The aim is to use the c-bus key input to open and close them and to allow any other control I can imagine.

Are these to be treated the same as a curtain motor (as I believe they should).

I like the elero system that they have "advertised" on here before and may have to use them for the final solution as I have enough spare channels on the relays and dont see the need to buy a change over relay.

Mick

znelbok, Nov 14, 2005
  2. znelbok

wanricky

We just have a C-Bus change-over relay and it is weird for my eletrician that it doesn't have stop state. To do that (up, stop, down) we need to use two channels per motor. Acturally a normal c-bus relay with external change-over relay and/or interlock relay is a better choice to them. While this time we don't have spare relay channels and our client doesn't need stop state with his three sets of blinds, the c-bus CO relay is a good fit. Otherwise I would prefer external one. At least it is easier to isolate electrical source when they service the blind motors.

Regarding motor type, normally we would only ask if it is a 3-wired or 4-wired motor that our client had chosen.

wanricky, Nov 14, 2005
  3. znelbok

richy

We like to use the standard relays. Scenes to control functionality and interlocking.

Throw a PAC in, and program some logic, then you get some groovy flexability.

richy, Dec 7, 2005
  4. znelbok

eleroAustralia

Changeover delay provided?

Do I read this correct that you are using a changeover relay to activate up and down on the motor on the same channel (or one switchover relay)?

This is very bad news for the attached motors (and your customers).
    If there is not changeover delay of about 0.5 seconds the motor will burn out over time. (unless you can protect the relays from being activated in opposite direction while the motor is still running)
    Motors will have been "pre-damaged" if used in this way already even if fixed they will fail later. :rolleyes:
    If a AC tubular motor has no built in electronic to protect the motor, all manufacturers I am aware of have this requirement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2007
    eleroAustralia, Jul 17, 2007
Ask a Question