RJ45 pink lead - useless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UK Household Automation, Jul 10, 2005.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

The Pink RJ45 lead that comes with all dimmer relay etc modules - either increase the length or just get rid of the patch lead it is too short (and subsequently reduce the price of the units).

We usually mount the DIN units in consumer units and I've not found a consumer unit yet that put directly on top of anther is close enough to allow the pink lead that comes with the units to be used. I have a box full of leads still in their packaging.

UK Household Automation, Jul 10, 2005
  2. UK Household Automation

Ross

Howdi Houseold,
    Every Clipsal consumer mount sub-board supports the length of cable included, from a 24 pole to 48 pole. At least in Australia. Thats the 4Cxxxx range inclusive. I will agree however that another few inches wouldn't go astray.
    There is a need for a CBUS supported consumer switchboard. It has been requested repeatedly. Maybe one day.

Ross, Jul 10, 2005
  3. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Action

So we are in agreement that the leads need to be longer but no body is ever going to do anything about it!

UK Household Automation, Jul 10, 2005
  4. UK Household Automation

znelbok

Personally, I agree with Ross and I find them long enough for daisychaining the din mount modules in all the consumer boards that I have used - I dont even think they need to be lengthened.

To remove these cables will not reduce the cost at all, it is an ultra cheap part which probably has no impact on the cost. Are you willing to pay more for a longer cable?

Also it does not take much time to make you own custom length cable either, which I have had to do as well for other reasons.

Mick

znelbok, Jul 10, 2005
  5. UK Household Automation

Charlie Crackle

One day soon I hope. It is not tooooooo hard... No electronics no software !!

Charlie Crackle, Jul 11, 2005
  6. UK Household Automation

theboyg

Leads are fine.

The leads are fine - I've used most of mine, and are of perfect length.

Always good as a reference cable when you want to make some up - which it seems you obviously do !

Lazy bugger :)

G.

theboyg, Jul 12, 2005
  7. UK Household Automation

CTS

I'm sure I read that in a Penthouse Magazine !

:D
    :eek:

LoL,On a serious note now, I have never found the pink patch lead to be a real issue whilst using Clipsal Enclosures.

The only time I have found that the pink patch lead has been too short is when using B&R Enclosures.

:cool:

CTS, Jul 12, 2005
Ask a Question