Ripple Internet Radio Streaming

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by constantcharge, Jun 23, 2010.

1. constantcharge

constantcharge

Hi Guys,

Trying to get internet radio streaming thourgh mra. Mp3's work fine, but when I put in the following I hear nothing on my pc or via MRA.

Link -
    http://abc.net.au/streaming/triplej/triplej.m3u

When I save to my desktop and play it plays fine. Put it into ripple and it just says buffering, but has been doing it for 5 min. Tried other links as well with same result.

constantcharge, Jun 23, 2010
  2. constantcharge

Matty

Hi constantcharge,

When using internet radio it's the matrix switcher that connects to the internet and not Ripple. Ripple just tells it where to go (in a manner of speaking).

Can you check the following:
    Power up the matrix switcher. Within a couple of seconds of power up the screen will display the IP, subnet and gateway address. If you can stream normal mp3's the IP and subnet must be correct, so just ensure the gateway is correct.

If any of the details are wrong just use the IP utility to set them.

If the matrix switcher can't connect to the internet radio station you should see a message in Ripple after a few seconds. For example:

Internet Radio no connection.JPG

Do you get a reason or does it remain on buffering?

Regards,

Matty.

Matty, Jun 23, 2010
  3. constantcharge

constantcharge

Thanks Matt,

Im pretty sure the ip address and subnet correct . I will need to check this again on site.

No there was no error, stream just said still buffering.

If PC mode is slected in ripple should I hear the stream playing (to test) when not having connection to matrix ? (if not I guess there is no way to test this is working off site)

Thanks

constantcharge, Jun 23, 2010
  4. constantcharge

Matty

Internet radio through the PC using Ripple is not supported.
    The PC player will just remain stopped. It looks like the control panel says 'buffering', although it shouldn't.

To check the internet stream works try windows media player. If you can hear the internet radio station through your PC then you know your network is setup correctly and the internet radio station at the other end is there.

Then check that the IP, subnet & gateway are set correctly in the matrix switcher. Ensure that the matrix switcher's IP address is set correctly in Ripple's configuration.

When you have multiple 'players' enabled in the Ripple configuration you'll see a drop down list appear above the control panel. Each player has it's own playlist and runs independently (including the PC player). By changing the player in the drop down list you'll see the play list and control panel change to reflect the selected player. When you've added the IP address of the matrix switcher to the Ripple configuration you'll see the name in the drop down list at the top of the control panel. Select the matrix switcher and add the internet radio station. Finally check your MRA amplifier is turned on and switched to the Ripple source.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jun 23, 2010
  5. constantcharge

constantcharge

Thanks for clearing that up.

Any idea if Ripple will support ASX format in the future, seems many stations are using this format rather than the Mp3(m3u) format.

constantcharge, Jun 28, 2010
Ask a Question