RGB Auto Colour Changing with NAC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Northy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Northy

Northy

Hi All

I am currently programming my first NAC and my client has asked for the RGB Led strip to auto change through the colours during a scene. All the LED drivers are DALI and I am using CBus DALI gateways. I have already programmed all drivers and I have programmed the NAC with preset colour buttons which are scenes (Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Purple etc) and they can also manually change with the 3 sliders for RGB.

I am trying to figure out the best way to trigger the colour scenes to rotate through the colours on a continuous until the scene is turned off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matt.

Northy, Apr 8, 2018
  2. Northy

Ashley

You need to use the HSV colour space rather than RGB. H is the HUE which is the actual colour and ranges from 0 to 360 degrees. S is the saturation and is the amount of white in the light. It ranges from 0% (gray) to 100% fully saturated. Lower saturations give you the pastel colours. V is the value and is the intensity. I published my HSV to RGB converter for the pascal logic engine here:

https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/hsv-to-rgb-conversion.7152/

You just need to convert it to LUA ! (It's on my list....)

Otherwise, if you just want to keep full intensity and full saturation it's a bit easier. Start with 100% red, gradually add green to 100%. Then gradually remove the red to 0%, then gradually add blue, to 100% then gradually remove green to 0%, then gradually add red to 100% then gradually remove blue to 0% and you are back where you started.

Ashley, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Northy

Northy

Thanks for the info and it will have a look. I was currently planning to just have full intensity and colour to keep it simple (I hope). It's just I can't figure out how to get the colour scene to go back Scene 1 to go through again. My client has a similar setup in there other venue which uses Dynalite and I'm not 100% sure what else has being used.

Northy, Apr 10, 2018
Ask a Question