Retreiving a B&W C-Touch programming - what to watch for

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JohnC, Apr 3, 2007.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Just my luck - just "inherited" a project that was done about 2003 using B&W C-Touch. I don't have the tag files (I assume programmed with v2 software), nor the C-Touch project files.

I realise that in Toolkit I can scan and get the GA's etc from the network - from there I will have to manually recreate all the tag names, etc (eek)... but I am really worried about the C-Touch and getting all the stuff out of it accurately. It has schedules, scenes, all manner of stuff and it's the central "brains" that runs the whole project.

I tried a test run here at the office and found that when "Tranferring From" the C-Touches a huge amount of data is lost... The screens don't download very well at all if you choose Buttons as "buttons", so it seems that for some perverse reason that you have bring everything down as images (I assume this is how they are actually stored inside the unit). Of course, this means that the project is pretty much "non-editable".

Anyway, I haven't tried this on the site yet, but I need to know what info I am likely to "not get" accurately from the C-Touch. Since I am flying blind (not knowing what is there already) I have no way to know what actually does and doesn't work properly when transferring from Unit to Piced.

Could you please give me your experiences and suggestions about this.

Thanks heaps !

JohnC, Apr 3, 2007
  2. JohnC

Darren Senior Member

The help file topic "Transferring a Project from the Unit" describes this process and the limitations. The only data which gets "lost" is the settings of the components which control the appearance. All other data for the project will still be there.

If you choose the option where the buttons are re-created using a default style, you can quickly apply a theme style or paint a format to the buttons to make them look like the original project.

Darren, Apr 4, 2007
  3. JohnC

Phil.H

The workplaces legislation is becoming a big issue for the Government. They are not handling the situaton well. We don't want the idiot, vote buying (with welfare) recession we had to have goons back in, so I think it is time to crank up the "Darren for Prime Minister" campaign again ;)

Phil.H, Apr 5, 2007
  4. JohnC

Darren Senior Member

Phil, people are going to start thinking you are my campaign manager ;)

Darren, Apr 6, 2007
Ask a Question