Retreive Old Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregsm, Oct 1, 2018.

1. gregsm

gregsm

Trying to Retrieve Project, I have not accessed this project for 5+ years and don't have a backup. Can see the CNi device, click "get Project", the i get an error "Failed to Identify". Having the same issue when i use a 232 type connection.

Orange LED for Ethernet, and Orange for the C-Bus

Running the latest version of Software,

Attached Files:

gregsm, Oct 1, 2018
  2. gregsm

jboer

Where are you trying to retrieve the project from? Unfortunately you cant jut get it from the 'network'
    The project would usually be on the PC, but if you haven't got your original PC or have a copy of your tag file you may have lost it. Do you have a Colour Touch Screen or Wiser on the system? because they do keep copies of the project in them as part of the program upload.

jboer, Oct 2, 2018
  3. gregsm

gregsm

I am connecting with a 5500CN, via my local IP network.

I have a really basic system a couple of dimmers, and relays, No Screen, or Wiser. I should still be able to connect to the network, and find the devices though ?

Bit of a bugger if I cant upload/retrive the exisiting.

gregsm, Oct 2, 2018
  4. gregsm

jboer

Ah yes ok, so it is trying to identify if the installation matches any of the project files on your PC. As you dont have any (or at least the one for that installation) it will say it failed.

Your best course of action will be just to note the CNI details. Click the 'Add Project' button, put in the CNI details and go from there. It should then find all your devices and ect. You will have lost all the colloquial name tags though and just have numbers. However if it is a small system and you know what is on each relay and ect it wont take you long to rename it. Once you have done that and done your changes, make sure you backup your project somewhere you can get it next time :)

jboer, Oct 2, 2018
  5. gregsm

Ashley

Ashley, Oct 2, 2018
    jboer likes this.
Ask a Question