Retaining Previous scene when power is restored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anupam, Mar 13, 2008.

1. anupam

anupam

Situation:-
    I have the following modules installed at a residential site.
    6 x L5504D2AP
    3 x L5508D1AP
    2 x L5102D10
    3 x L5104D5
    1 x L5512RVF
    11 x 5035NIRSL

Everything is programmed and working good but the only problem is, when there is a power failure and it is restored after some time ,ALL The lights turn Off and one has to turn the lights on manually. I was looking for the feature for power up in previous state which is available in any keypad under Power Fail Tab .
    Questions:-
    1. How do i achieve the previous state?
    2. Can i try connecting a neo keypad and select the power fail option to previous state?

Please Help.

Regards,
    Anupam

anupam, Mar 13, 2008
  2. anupam

NickD Moderator

Both the key units and the output units have the ability to restore their previous states at power on.

My recommendation would be

- turn off the level restore in the key units, and set them to always return to the OFF state
    - turn on the restore previous levels feature in the output units

This way the key units will power up in the off state, and the output units will restore their previous states (5s after power up). The status correction mechanism will resync the key units with the output units after about 10s, so all will return to normal.

Nick

NickD, Mar 13, 2008
  3. anupam

anupam

Thanks for your reply Nick , I did try to apply as u have mentioned but could not find the below mentioned features with the project specifications
    1. Level Restore in Key Units &
    2. Restore previous level in output units.

Then I did try to check at my desk with one of the scene controllers and 4 and 8 gang dimmers. It was restoring the previous setting when the power failure was restored.:eek: Seems to be some kind of a ghost.

Any Sugggestions.

anupam, Mar 17, 2008
Ask a Question