Reset Wiser IP addresses and router config

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Phantom99, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Phantom99

Phantom99

I am sure this is a very basic question, but I can' find a reference to the answer.

Re Wiser home control unit
    I have changed some of the IP address and gateway setting and now can't get a connection. (despite reasonable network knowledge)

I just want to reset it all so I can start again (easier than diagnosing through).
    I have tried the reset switch on the back, but it hasn't cleared the ip address settings. (I know as I can get a connection through the Piced software, but not via Browser. It's at 192.168.100.101 which is my subnet.)

Is there some way to get all ip, gateway and router settings back to factory defaults?

Phantom99, Feb 17, 2012
  2. Phantom99

tobex

If the WISER is not the primary router in the network, and the WISER operates through a main router (common in many homes) then by changing the gateway you would have disabled all offsite management.

If you are on location and the settings are fresh in your memory, then manually type in an TCP/IP into your laptop and +1 to the TCP number or any legal number in that range. Use the same subnet mask and you dont need a gateway. I cant tell if you are on location but that is the fastest way. If you are remote then you need a tool such as teamviewer and a machine with 2 ethernet ports or a second ethernet port. Port 1 keeps the internet working and Port 2 pokes the machine or device that is not connecting.

Unfortunately these things happen to the best of us. Can also look for a TCP/IP number clash, reboot the primary router or work backwards on the gateway setup.

If there is a primary router and the wiser is secondary, login to the primary and see if in the DHCP attached devices list there is a WISER listed or its MAC address. Once you reset the WISER it will no longer be on its preset address you originally made it but on the WISER WAN port it will exist as a DHCP device to the primary router. You may also directly connect the WISER LAN ports and use automatic TCP/IP settings to see what the actual setup is.

More information is needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    tobex, Feb 17, 2012
  3. Phantom99

Phantom99

Thanks

Thanks tobex that is quite helpful and explains some of the behavior.
    I have been able to reconnect now and get to the settings page.
    If I have any further questions I will post separately (undoubtedly will :rolleyes:)

Phantom99, Feb 17, 2012
  4. Phantom99

Charlie Crackle

Wiser reset

What exactly is the way to return a WISER to FACTORY defaults. ??

Pressing the reset button on the back does not seem to put the wiser on 192.168.2.1 ?

What is the procedure for pressing the reset button ? hold for X seconds

Hold in while powering on ??

Charles

Charlie Crackle, May 16, 2012
  5. Phantom99

tobex

I thought there was an internal software option to reset the unit. However, many routers have an accident prevention mode that causes them to ignore short resets. I generally try to hold reset as I power up and I dont let go till LED starts to flash or strobe.

Works on almost everything.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    tobex, May 17, 2012
  6. Phantom99

Charlie Crackle

What is the official way ?? Can not see in the guide with the wiser. Can not see the wiser info on the Clipsal/CIS website either. Been asked to fix a site Dont know the ip . Just want to factory reset the unit.

What is the official way to reset a wiser to factory results

Charlie Crackle, May 17, 2012
Ask a Question