Reset 5500CNI to factory defaults?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Clarke, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Clarke

Clarke

Hi,

I have a 5500CN that I've used in a previous install, and I need to use it on a different network with a different IP address range. However I vaguely recall giving it a static IP address a few years back in the range 192.168.0.x, and the client's network uses the range 192.168.1.x. This means that neither the C-Bus tools nor any of the generic networking tools on the laptop can see the CNI as it's in the wrong subnet, and the CNI isn't making any attempt to pick up a DHCP address as it's been given a static one.

Given I can't arbitrarily reassign the clients network into the 192.168.0.x range, I think I need some way of resetting the 5500 to factory defaults, with the expectation that it will then go looking for a DHCP address and all will be happy. My searching hasn't managed to turn up how to do this, however .... Anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Clarke, Jun 30, 2013
  2. Clarke

ashleigh Moderator

There are 2 tools you can use.

There is a CNI addressing tool you can download from clipsal which will re-address things even if they are set for different subnets.

C-Bus IP Utility

Or you can use the Lantronix DeviceInstaller.

This will also re-address the device even if its set to a different subnet to your PC.

In both cases you should be able to just plug the thing into your nearest switch or hub, it will be discovered, and you can change the settings.

ashleigh, Jun 30, 2013
  3. Clarke

Clarke

Thanks Ashleigh - that's a big help. I downloaded the Lantronix config tool and it did the job perfectly. :)

Cheers

Clarke, Jun 30, 2013
  4. Clarke

Chaitanya

Hi,

How to hard reset the 5500CNI as its unable to discover from Both tools

Chaitanya, Dec 19, 2022
Ask a Question