Replacing Dali ballasts

Discussion in 'DALI Software' started by FSS, Apr 13, 2022.

1. FSS

FSS

Hi, I have to replace several Dali ballasts in an existing CBus system which I have no information as to what the previous addresses where or which groups they are assigned to. From what I have read I need a Dali addressing interface and program to address these new units but then is there an easy way to to find which Dali groups they then belong to? I have been trawling through Toolkit file and Wiser file but with no labels I'm having trouble connecting the dots.

FSS, Apr 13, 2022
  2. FSS

DarylMc

The dali-CBus address mapping will be in the CBus Dali interface configuration setting in Toolkit

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    DarylMc, Apr 14, 2022
  3. FSS

Graham Lamb

You need to access the dali network via a dali interface and software like TriDonic master configurator or i think the latest cbus dail gatway might let you do it but I have never used one. once you access the dali network the new device will be given a new address (might be 00) you need to change it to an address that is vacant then group it to a group you need to find out which address and group by trial and error (this is assuming that grouping was done in dali and not cbus scene)

Graham Lamb, Apr 14, 2022
  4. FSS

DarylMc

You can also see the Dali address in the mapping of the CBus Dali Gateway in CBus Toolkit

DarylMc, Apr 16, 2022
Ask a Question