Replacing CTC with SHAC but what about Irrigation?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Hoss, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Hoss

Hoss

Hi all,

Having had trouble with our CTC and advised that it is no longer supported we removed it! (still running Wiser) I Was advised best option is to replace with SHAC/NAC . This has now been installed (SHAC) have read the manual and have started configuring, but what of the irrigation . I have never written or used "script" so am in the dark around doing via this method. Is anybody able to assist me here. I can see this new system is the way forward and I guess it will have its limitations in the early stages.

Thanks in advance.

Hoss, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Hoss

Conformist

I was going to say, use a schedule in the SHAC. After having a look at the configuration of schedules, it won't be that easy. Must say, I'm not very impressed with the implementation of this 'feature'. The design is not very good, not intuitive and difficult to use.

A generic scheduler would (should) be able to take care of what you want. This is not what seems to have been provided (unless I'm missing something).

I'll feed this back

Conformist, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Hoss

Hoss

Thank you, appreciated

Hoss, Jun 11, 2018
  4. Hoss

magic8

Are the SHAC schedules limited compared with piced
    For example if schedules need to be enabled/disabled easily seems difficult with SHAC

magic8, Jun 25, 2018
  5. Hoss

Ashley

Yes

I haven't found anyway of doing this. There is certainly no easy option like assigning an enable/disable group like in PICED. I also haven't been able to find any script functions that allow you to control schedules either.

About the only option I can think of a the moment is to write a scheduled script and then get the script to decide whether to run or not.

Ashley, Jun 25, 2018
  6. Hoss

magic8

Is this something that could be added in a future update as we tend to use this a lot to enable schedules when they go away for example

magic8, Jun 25, 2018
Ask a Question