Remote Triggering

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by oscar.fog, Feb 17, 2007.

1. oscar.fog

oscar.fog

Hi i am still a wee bit mixed up with Remote Triggering. I have set up my scenes in PICED and used Trigger Groups to switch them on with the touchscreen buttons...........so far so good...........but I would like to be able to do the same with the Saturn units in particular an All Off function and some standard scenes that are common to 3 identical switches and i find the suggested tutorial quite hard to follow.

I have set my All off scene has

Application : Trigger Control
    Group Address :turn off all groups
    Level 0%

the touchscreen button is configured as follows

Key Function: Preset
    Application: Trigger Control
    Group Address: turn off all groups
    Level 0%

this is working fine, however I want to be able to get a Saturn button to do the same thing.....here are the questions

Do I change the entire Saturn Unit to Trigger Control? or something else? Should i be making the Trigger Group common to a number of light groups and varying the levels so that scene 1 had 100% trigger group action selector, scene 2 had 0% etc but with the same trigger group? should I be moving away for levels and onto tags and what should I set the Saturn button to in terms of Trigger Group Action Selector, key function. Is the action selector just another name for what PICED refers to a tag?

any help would be well received

oscar fog

oscar.fog, Feb 17, 2007
  2. oscar.fog

PSC

Oscar,

In the Saturn Toolkit GUI set the required button to 'Scene' function. This will then set that button only to the 'Trigger' application. Click on the options box next to the 'Scene' function, select the 'Trigger Group', and the required 'Trigger Group Action Selector'.

Normally you would have a complimentary trigger on another button i.e. ALL ON (same trigger GA, different action selector).

I think in this case you would be better off using a lighting GA set up as a 2 second timer to trigger this scene.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
    PSC, Feb 18, 2007
  3. oscar.fog

Duncan

Hey Petey-Pete,

I think you meant to type : "</scene></scene>In the Saturn Toolkit GUI set the required button to scene function".

Duncan, Feb 18, 2007
  4. oscar.fog

PSC

Hey Dunc,

I did actually type that, but I used the >< (as displayed in Toolkit) characters and therefore it was not displayed...;)

PSC, Feb 18, 2007
Ask a Question