Remote trigger scenes on key inputs

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by JasonCox, Jan 17, 2007.

1. JasonCox

JasonCox

I realise that you cannot trigger a scene on say a DLT, Saturn or Reflection switch remotely unless it is actualy assigned to a physical button but...

can this be changed?

This would be handy for IR remote controls to trigger scenes 'hiding' on certain switches - just like a touchscreen.

and on the subject or IR - it is a bit limiting with the current setup of the IR receivers. when using the trigger application, you can only select two trigger levels for each trigger group. This can be overcome by using different trigger groups on different switches, but once again come down to the above problem - the scene MUST live on a physical button.

I know you can use an ON (100%) and a OFF (0%) and two trigger levels, but if you set up each key on a 1 second timer with a OFFKEY expirey command, you don't have the whole second-press not working problem with the remote. This brings us down to 3 trigger levels usefull - 100%, trigger1 & trigger 2 for each trigger group.:eek:

confused yet?

JasonCox, Jan 17, 2007
  2. JasonCox

ashleigh Moderator

You can do what you ask for on a wireless unit.

ONE DAY this capability will be in wired units as well, but don't hold your breath, it will be a long time coming.

ashleigh, Jan 18, 2007
  3. JasonCox

JasonCox

Yes, I have used the wireless scene control - and I like the added features they have.

In the meantime I guess we will have to try harder to sell those touchscreens;)

JasonCox, Jan 19, 2007
Ask a Question