Remote Project Uploads via Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by ChrisJC, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ChrisJC

ChrisJC

I may have an issue that cannot be overcome but I'll ask anyway: I have two touch screens, a PACA and a WISER in a home. The home home network is wired on the B model, not the A or C model that is recommended for this. This got out of our control when Schneider dropped the LexCom HomeNetworks and a third party was bought in to do the network connections and they had to use the Telstra Thomson modem/router.

The Wiser is connected straight from the modem and the two touch screens are connected to the Wiser but they are all the one network. When I try to connect remotely and I go directly to the touch screen (which it sees) the transfer utility crashes; when I go "connect via Wiser" the touch screens can be seen but when you click on the touch screen it waits and then comes up with "Unexpected Error". (I don't have DCHP turned on on the Wiser because it played havoc with the internal network).

So I honestly don't know whats going on. On the LAN side via wireless everything works fine. My only thought is that I'll need to plug the modem into the WAN line on the Wiser and then set up DCHP on the Wiser in a different IP range (e.g. 10.0.1.xxx or 192.168.2.xxx) just for the touch screens etc. but the client actually uses the Wiser wireless network to plug up a Wireless blackspot.

Any thoughts anyone?

ChrisJC, Sep 1, 2014
Ask a Question