remote programming

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by justinw, Apr 4, 2006.

1. justinw

justinw

hello there everyone.
    just wondering hoe to remotely program a network.
    I have been attempting to do so using the telephone interface.
    As yet to know avail. I have got it to answer the phone through
    im just having a few teething problems when trying to scan the network and such. and entering the codes without a telephone.
    An older thread said something about v2.7 c-bus server software?
    im using the latest tica and toolkit (i bet its supposed to be easy with these versions)

Also wondering about using two modems and a PCI to talk to the network.
    easy?
    setting a modem to auto answer (using hayes comands) and unplug it from the computer(remote modem at c-bus network site) does it remember to auto answer.
    Anyway there must be an easy way of doing this and i think Im thinking about it to hard.

cheers justinw

justinw, Apr 4, 2006
  2. justinw

Richo

Yes it is supposed to be easy. Can you descibe what you have tried and the problems you have faced.

yes this is also most likely possible, but the process to get it working is very dependant on the actual modems you use. When I worked in the industrial control industry we used very expensive modems for this to get the reliability and behaviour you want ot achieve.

The CBTI *should* work fine, so I would be interested to here what issues you are having.

Richo, Apr 4, 2006
  3. justinw

justinw

tica

I really need some help in dialing the TI with the computer and getting past the voice prompt just to get to the scan network stage, I should say that I have got the computer via the modem to ring (the easy part) but putting in the access code and pin numbers etc. do i need to put a pause in the dial up number or something and then once that is done do you simply scan the network. The TICA help file should be renamed UNhelp file on this subject.:D
    It is probably easier than I think and i am thinking too much.
    anyway richo any help would be fantastic
    cheers justin:) :)

justinw, Apr 11, 2006
Ask a Question