Remote control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Neil C, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I need to set up some kind of remote control, in order to call up scenes which are assigned to a DLT switch. I have a choice of two hand-held remote controls, either a 5088tx 8 button unit, or a 5030 universal remote control.

Whilst the DLT can't receive IR controls, there is a 5753 multi-sensor available for use, and the installation manual for this device does briefly say that it has an IR receiver which can be used in conjunction with remote controls, although no further information is given. I've not been able to find any other documentation which explains how it works, and how it needs to be set up.

Can anybody tell me how I can activate scenes held in a DLT switch with some kind of remote control? If the hardware that I have won't do the job, can you suggest what needs to be acquired, and how it should be set up?

Many thanks.

Neil C, Nov 28, 2007
  2. Neil C

NickD Moderator

The multisensor has 8 virtual keys, which are "pressed" using the infrared remote.

You could use the virtual keys as scene keys, triggering the scenes in the DLT. To do this, assign them as scene keys, select the Trigger Group to be the same as that used by your DLT, and then assign the same action selectors to the scene keys in the multisensor as the corresponding scene keys in the DLT.

Nick

NickD, Nov 28, 2007
Ask a Question