Remote Amplifiers 560125R/2 vs 560125R

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by bmerrick, Jun 23, 2011.

1. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi All,

A client has on order a number of the 560125R/2 remote 25w amplifiers. There is limited stock and so he has been offered interim 560125R amplifiers being the older model.

Does anyone know what the difference is. From what I can see it is a slight paint colour change, one manual says 'Repeater function (digital audio pass-through capability)' not noted in the other manual but other than that they look identical.

As the /2 came out at the same time as the new matrix switcher is there any differences in firmware etc for Streaming or something else?

Thanks,

Brad

bmerrick, Jun 23, 2011
  2. bmerrick

Conformist

The 560125R has not been sold for a few years now. I'm not aware of any stock shortages of the 560125R/2

The 560125R/2 came out before the new Matrix Switcher. The new amp that came out at the same time is the 560110R. The main difference is the lower power rating of the unit (and the look).

Your customer should be able to buy 560125R/2's in fact I find it hard to believe anyone would still have the earlier model in stock

Regardless, the old(er) model amps are compatible with new Matrix Switcher

Conformist, Jun 23, 2011
  3. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi Conformist,

Thanks for that. Probably worth waiting if they are several years old.

Thanks,

Brad

bmerrick, Jun 23, 2011
  4. bmerrick

bmerrick

25W Remote amplifier DC Power Socket changes

Hi Conformist and All,

as a follow up to my question, there was a product difference I found onsite in this amplifier, but not sure if it happened when the 560125R became the 560125R/2(??).

The external DC power supply socket changed from a 4 pin mini DIN socket with a keyway pin, to a 7 pin mini DIN socket without a keyway pin. (see picture attached)

The power supplies shipped to me in the same order were the 5600P24/3750AU, but these had the 4 pin DC plugs and the amps were all the 7 pin sockets.

A call to CIS support (thanks Qun) suggested that you just remove the keyway pin in the 4 pin plug with your long nose pliers/cutters, minding the pins of course. It then fits in the seven pin socket.

This has resolved the DC power problem. Thought it was worth noting so if someone else sees it outside support hours, there is something here on the forum.

All the best,

Brad

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
    bmerrick, Jun 24, 2011
Ask a Question