Relay that accepts 240V and will send a Cbus signal

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by shanede, Mar 3, 2022.

1. shanede

shanede

Had a query and I cant think of any CBus components that would support this.

Current install is a small 8 channel relay, PAC, and EDLT. Basic programming with a few scenes etc.

They have some emergency push button switches that sound an alarm. They have the 240V contactors back int he control room that when power is sent to it will integrate with CBus and turn all the lights on.

I have used couplers for this sort of thing before but they are voltage free. they have in my mind done this the wrong way and we could have had the coupler and then activated the lights and alarm from a relay.

Is there a relay that accepts 240 inbound and will send a Cbus signal?

shanede, Mar 3, 2022
  2. shanede

Pie Boy

Not that I know of, the way I would do it is have an interposing relay with 230v coil, then you have volt free contact to input into a bus coupler or aux input module

Pie Boy, Mar 3, 2022
  3. shanede

shanede

Thanks Pie Boy, yea i could not think of how it could be done plain CBus, i guess this is what happens when the design changes as the project progresses.

shanede, Mar 3, 2022
  4. shanede

lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst, Mar 3, 2022
  5. shanede

Wonkey

Have you considered using the manual override ON provided on the 8channel relay (provided it's not the elv relay) available on the brown cores shorted to C-Bus negative

Wonkey, Mar 23, 2022
Ask a Question