Relay Output not switching

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by hwright, Oct 23, 2016.

1. hwright

hwright

I have network with 4 12 channel relay modules, 2 8 channel dimmers and a number of switch. I have one lighting area called POOL. This is programmed to 3 switch and one of the DO relays.

The problem is when I turn on any switch for this area the corresponding relay is not turned on. I can toggle the circuit at the IO device. Mains is all OK. System voltage is 32V and shows no errors.

I have tried setting up a new lighting area TEST and assigning to that relay output, then I ask it to flash that group and no response from relay output module.

Other channels on the same relay module are working fine. I am at a loss as to what to do next other then move the circuit to another channel on the same card. I have tried a reset of the 12Ch device which also provided no result

Attached Files:

hwright, Oct 23, 2016
  2. hwright

tsman

Anything set on the Logic tab of the relay?

tsman, Oct 23, 2016
  3. hwright

hwright

Logic Tab

No nothing at all set, also did the factory reset to standard. Thanks for asking

hwright, Oct 23, 2016
  4. hwright

tsman

Sounds faulty if you've checked the config and tried resetting it. Not much left to do apart from reassign to another channel or replace the entire relay.

tsman, Oct 23, 2016
  5. hwright

NickD Moderator

If the local toggle on the Relay module itself can successfully operate the relay, and other channels on the same unit respond to C-Bus messages, then there's nothing I can think of that could be wrong with the relay.

It could be an interlock (on the "Turn On" tab).. or if you have turned off the "Enable C-Bus Priority" option (in the "Global" tab) then it may be stuck in local override mode (are any indicators flashing?).

Nick

NickD, Oct 24, 2016
  6. hwright

hwright

Relay Not Switching

Checked the Enable C-bus priority and its checked, I did have some logic in the logic tab for nightlight turn on but have removed to verify if that is the issue. Removing the logic seams to have solved the issue so I will live with that thank you all

hwright, Oct 26, 2016
  7. hwright

NickD Moderator

Ok... let us know if you want some help to get the logic working again...

Nick

NickD, Oct 27, 2016
Ask a Question