Realtime Energy Monitoring & Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by petra, May 17, 2012.

1. petra

petra

Have a new application that requires real-time energy monitoring and logging with touch screen. Has anyone used the Kato Series II energy monitor system which comes with 15" touch screen (http://www.energymonitors.com.au) - Looking at using this energy monitor as main touch screen interface to also access to Cbus Wiser instead on more expensive clipsal or other third party touchscreens?

petra, May 17, 2012
  2. petra

daky

Real-time energy monitoring

Petra,
    I have used the 7" Em20 energy monitors from this crowd, excellent stuff. In the last 18 months have installed 17 of the 7" energy monitor systems (one at my home) and all working just fine and my customers are very please with them. I haven't deployed the new 15" kato series units as yet but am quoting two projects right now, one with 15" touch screen (connected to C-Bus Wiser) and the other with the server only energy monitor option using an iPad. Both the 15" and server only systems can be used with Apple iPads & iPhones. As far as what's available in energy monitors, these units are tops by far. I have had lots of customers who have been very disappointed with the cheaper energy monitors like efergy and centameter products.

daky, May 19, 2012
  3. petra

grantgibbs

Realtime Energy Monitoring

Hi Petra,
    The Em20 7" Energy monitors from these people are very good, best displays I have ever seen so far. I have put in several systems together with C-bus, but these energy monitors work independent from C-Bus (which is good i suppose) - you can't read them directly with C-Bus software. They also have a C-Bus interface module that connects to C-Bus but they appear to have abandoned promoting this option because of low demand.

The kato series energy monitors look like they would make a good alternative screen for C-Bus applications using the 15" touchscreen or apple iPad. The web interface should work directly with C-bus Wiser, but I am not sure if the screens have C-Bus software installed - will find out when I visit next?

grantgibbs, May 27, 2012
Ask a Question