'Real time' keeps changing on DLT/Touch/PAC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abg, Nov 4, 2009.

1. abg

abg

I recently moved all my logic and schedules from HomeGate (where things were fine) to my PAC as this would remove the dependence on the PC for scenes, schedules etc. When I transferred I selected the option to update the PAC time to the PC time. Since moving from HomeGate to PAC all schedules have been running at the wrong time. Clearly the time in the PAC was not the 'real time', despite asking to set it to PC time...

So given I also have a DLT and a B&W Touch I set the time via the DLT (which as expected update the touch). Problem was next morning the time was 2.5 hours slow...

So set the time via the touch and it updated the DLT as expected. Same thing next morning.

C-gate messages on the PC have the correct time, so C-gate is ok.

Any thoughts what would be causing the time to change? What have a I missed?

abg, Nov 4, 2009
  2. abg

Darren Senior Member

Logs from HomeGate would be useful as it will show which units are participating in the time mastering and causing the problem. What you need to do is:
    1. Start HomeGate log
    - Select save to file
    - Select Show Event Time
    - Select Show Info Messages
    - Select Date & Time Application
    - Select Show Sent C-Bus Commands
    - Select Show Received C-Bus Commands
    2. Set the time on one unit
    3. Wait until the time is displayed incorrectly
    4. Send e-mail to CIS Tect Support with:
    - log file
    - description of the problem
    - details of what you did and when
    - reference to this forum post

Darren, Nov 4, 2009
  3. abg

abg

Thanks Darren will do. Is there any way to extract the 'real' time from the PAC (and know it is from the PAC)?

abg, Nov 5, 2009
  4. abg

Darren Senior Member

You could disconnect then reconnect the PAC (to an already running network). It will send the time onto C-Bus a minute or so after power-up. The Diagnostic Utility will show you the time message sent from the PAC.

Darren, Nov 5, 2009
  5. abg

abg

M1 C-Bus Interface was Time Master

Tracked down the problem. I have a Ness M1 C-Bus Interface. The time was not correct in the alarm system and it was acting as the master, resetting the time in the other units. I didn't know it did this but as it has a real time clock it makes sense that it could.

Darren - thanks for the tip on the Diagnostic Utility. This showed clearly 'who' was causing the trouble....

abg, Nov 6, 2009
  6. abg

ashleigh Moderator

It would appear then that the M1 is not playing the game correctly - if it has taken over the time mastering then its claiming a higher priority than it should have.

Suggest you talk to Ness/Elk about this and ask them to fix it.

Something like the M1 should be:

1. Backing off if there is another time device; and
    2. Using an interval of about 90 minutes between time updates when it is the master (and a holdoff of twice that when it is not the master)

ashleigh, Nov 6, 2009
Ask a Question