Reading voltage

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by crispyoz, Jan 6, 2017.

1. crispyoz

crispyoz

Hi,

I have this 3rd party sensor I need to read using cbus, I have every module under the sun and I assume for this I can use the GI module, but I'm not sure how to connect it. Here is the instructions I have:

"To use, connect the black wire to power and signal ground, the brown wire to 7-24VDC and measure the analog voltage on the blue wire. The voltage will range from 0.4V up to 2.0V"

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

crispyoz, Jan 6, 2017
  2. crispyoz

Ashley

So you need a 7-24V dc power supply to power the sensor. You don't mention current requirements but any 12V dc plug pack would probably be fine The negative of the supply goes to the black wire and the positive of the supply to the brown wire. Connect another wire from the negative of the supply (or the black wire) to the centre of the 3 terminal blocks for which ever input you are using on the GI unit. Connect the blue wire to the corresponding A input. Set the input to the 5 volt range.

Ashley, Jan 6, 2017
  3. crispyoz

crispyoz

Thanks Ashley, that did the trick.

crispyoz, Jan 7, 2017
Ask a Question