Re-starting Image Server

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mattyb, Feb 28, 2011.

1. mattyb

mattyb

Hi

We are using the "Image Server" that ships with PICED for clients who like a 'screensaver' on their touchscreens.

It doesn't seem to remember the "Image Path" on re-starting. Am I wrong?

This has just become a problem as a client uses this 'screensaver' feature in a weekender and they switch off the PC running the Image Server when they're not there. When they re-start it, the image path seems to be reset.

My other issue is getting the Image Server to start automatically when the PC is switched on but that is more of a Windows/UAC issue.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Feb 28, 2011
  2. mattyb

Matty

Hi mattyb,

I checked the image server on windows XP & 7 and it looks fine to me.
    The latest version of the application is 1.1.0.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Mar 1, 2011
  3. mattyb

SBL

Just a thought

Hi there,

Just wondering if the PC or any of the bits in between - router etc are resetting their IP addresses somewhere in the restart.

Also have had issues with windows 7 running software on startup. Have found if we use the windows task scheduler and get it to run software 30 seconds after startup, rather than trying to get things to start immediately on start up it seems to work.

SBL, Mar 1, 2011
  4. mattyb

ashleigh Moderator

It may be that you have IP addresses allocated with DHCP.

When this happens, the connection between TS and PC will drop when the PC is turned off, and when the PC is turned on it will most likely (though not always) get allocated a new IP address.

If you want two device to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS talk to each other, then you MUST MUST MUST manually allocate the IP addresses.

(Now before the purist go hurling flaming bolts of lightening at me, yes, I know, you can MAC address lock in a DHCP server so that the same machine is always allocated the same IP address. This is still manual allocation in my books.)

ashleigh, Mar 2, 2011
  5. mattyb

mattyb

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

The IP is static and that bit of things seems ok.

The problem seems to be getting the Image Server to restart and look in the correct place for the images.

Next time I'm on site I'll double check the latest version of Image Server is installed and try the Task Scheduler and report back.

Thanks again for the pointers.

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Mar 3, 2011
Ask a Question