RC5 to Circa xml convertor

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Phil Summers, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Phil Summers

Phil Summers

In order to control a device for which I had no pronto codes (and being too much of a cheapskate to invest in an IR reader), I have written a small program that generates the CIRCA instruction. I'm posting it here in case others find it useful.

Typically the manufacturers provide these RC5 codes as a 2 hex-digit "Device code" and a 2 hex-digit "Command code" rather than in the pronto format.

You can use the attached IR Code Utility program to generate the CIRCA instruction that can then be put into the xml file "IRCode" field. You should then be able to build up an instruction set for any RC5 IR transmitter and import it into your CIRCA project.

The "Vocabulary Elements" to put in the "protocol Def" section of the xml file are "A" with a duration of 889 and "B" with a duration of 1778. I set the carrier frequency to 36000 but I don't know whether that's critical or not- it works OK for me.

This would all have been mumbo-jumbo to me a week ago without the sterling work done by Will and others in this thread-
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911

This link http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/rc5.htm explains the detail of the protocol and was essential too.

I used the "Clipsal Bank D" code xml files (posted as a sticky on this section of the forum) as a template upon which to construct a new xml file using a free-to-download xml editor.

Hope this helps someone.

Phil

Attached Files:

Phil Summers, Feb 22, 2011
Ask a Question