Random Master off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clinton's Electrical, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Hi There, Was Wondering if Any Of You Have The Same Problem. Yesterday i Fitted A Sine Wave inverter to My C-Bus Panel. All Well, relays Work Etc. However No Dimmers Working. Had Electronics Guru Here With Osthiliscope to Check Sine Wave etc. 100% Apart From Low Capacitance On The inverter Transformer not Having Joy With ANY Of The Wire Wound Or Osram Mouse Transformers, if You Have Normal ES 27 Edison Screw Lamps on The Dimmer Viola the Work ,Dim And All. Now For The Tricky Part, i Also updated the Firmware on Touch Screen B&W Old:rolleyes: . Now i Have Another Problem After Testing inverter On Off On Off Etc. I Get / Got Erratic Things Hapening/ Ie Lights Go Off For No reason All Relays And dimmers Go Off. So i restarted Minder Mk 2, No Joy Restarted C- Bus Fine For 30 Min Then All Goes Off ( C-Bus Voltage 30.1V - 29.9 ) i Have minder On Passives Running Senario For Motion in House To Pulse Dimmers For Various Rooms on. This Works Well. Then Goes Off At Random As Though Someone Presses A Master Off? Weird:mad: So As im Typing This i Have Touch Screen unpluged And All Seems Fine. Help please. Clinton, Knysna, South Africa

Clinton's Electrical, Mar 8, 2008
  2. Clinton's Electrical

PSC

Clinton,

Three things to check -

1. Your wiring, the Green pair on the C-Bus bus = remote ON, the Brown pair = remote OFF. You may have a bad connection / termination that is causing these intermittent problems.

2. Ensure that the 'Area' control feature is not in use.

3. Remove the DIN rail units and shake them to remove any copper wire off-cut strands that may have fallen into the output units during installation.

Regards,

Peter

PSC, Mar 8, 2008
  3. Clinton's Electrical

Darpa

Personally, I'm not surprised that you're seeing erratic things happening when running your network from an invertor. There are a ton of reasons why this could be happening, but I'm not an electrical/electronics engineer, so I'll leave the in-depth answers to the experts for fear of giving you the wrong answer.

Unless of course you mean that these strange things are only happening when the C-Touch is connected to the network, and you think that the update you did is causing your problems.

By the way, are you using Pure-Sine Wave invertors? or Modified Sine Wave?

Darpa

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
    Darpa, Mar 9, 2008
  4. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Scenes

Hi Guys, Thnaks For The Prompt Replys. Firstly PSC Thanks For The Help But The Installation is 7 Years Old And Not 1 Day With a Glitch ( Visulization of C-Bus Enginneers jumping And Cheering With Champagne Glasses !! ) So the Posibilities Of Wiring Or Strands Not Poss. And the Problem Arisses Even With Mains On And Not The Sine Wave Inverter. (Havent Run It For That Long ). just Plugged The Screen In Now After 8 Hours Of The House Running Fine !!, Gotta Go ow For 4 Hours, Will report Back Later, Thanks Guys And Have A Great DAy. Clinton:)

Clinton's Electrical, Mar 9, 2008
  5. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Hi there. the Problem Has Gone !!! Reconnected C - Touch After 8 Hrs And All is running Fine. Scenes Etc Shedules All work As they Should.:) :) Maybe Ghost in Machine ? Now To Upgrade PICEd to V 4 + And See What Happens. Se Ya Thanks For the Advise:D

Clinton's Electrical, Mar 9, 2008
Ask a Question