Random lights turning off then back on again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dp electrical, May 23, 2019.

1. Dp electrical

Dp electrical

I have just completed a new cbus installation, having installed many projects i have never encounted a problem like this. With the lighting RCBO;s on controlling cbus, when ever i turn another RCBO controlling power or kitchen appliances the lights on a dimmer module turn off then back on again. The same thing happens when i turn on a switch that is controlled by a relay, the lights on the dimmer modules turn off then come back on again. I have each module controlled via its own RCBO and all indedividual rcbo' on the power circuits, wonderign if anyone has seen the same issue.

Dp electrical, May 23, 2019
  2. Dp electrical

Graham Lamb

I would say you have LED lights May be Universal dimmer the problem is with the LED driver not compatible with c-bus if you put a load correction device P/N 31LCDA across the affected load it will most likely fix it. you could try a normal incandescent lamp across the faulty lamp (in parallel) that would also fix the problem.
    Hope this is some help.

Graham Lamb, May 24, 2019
  3. Dp electrical

Dp electrical

Thanks graham, after extensive testing I found that the down lights were not compatible with the universal dimmers. Thanks a lot for your help

Dp electrical, May 25, 2019
Ask a Question