Random GA's appearing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdirect, Oct 9, 2017.

1. pdirect

pdirect

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with a new cbus installation. While programming it I had issues with a relay and 2 analogue dimmers which turned out to be faulty. I then replaced them under warranty but began programming from scratch again, deleting everything and starting again.

Now I'm having an issue whereby 16 GA's keep reappearing in the lighting section on network 1 even if I keep deleting them. I have checked every unit on both networks and there are no scenes or logic groups with these GA's assigned. The only thing I can think of is these 16 GA's belong to the 8 channel relay and 2 4 channel analogue dimmers that I replaced. Since I didn't delete the GA's in them beforehand and when replacing them I didn't simply merge the old programming with the new unit either..

The part that is becoming a real issue is that these GA's on network 1 that keep appearing but have no dependencies seem to be randomly toggling GA's on network 2 that share the same GA number, i.e. GA 89 on network 1 will randomly turn on and off and it will operate GA 89 on network 2 as well even though GA 89 on network 2 has its own dependencies and GA 89 network 1 has none. This is all shown in PICED logs, here is a sample;

9/10/2017 2:26:14 PM C-Bus Rx : Set 1F+2F, 1F-N-E On (unit 29)
    9/10/2017 2:26:14 PM C-Bus Rx : Set Group 79 On

Group 79 is on network 1 but 1F+2F, 1F-N-E On (unit 29) is on network 2.

Now I have found a workaround for all of this by basically not using any of the 16 GA's on network 1 or network 2 but I would love to know if there is a way to completely resolve this issue so these random commands aren't being sent constantly?

pdirect, Oct 9, 2017
  2. pdirect

DarylMc

For me, random unknown group addresses pop up from old PACA or Homegate/ PICED/ Touchscreen projects.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
    DarylMc, Oct 9, 2017
  3. pdirect

pdirect

I do have a PACA installed, but I've since reprogrammed it.. Is there a way to see if there's any old data on it?

pdirect, Oct 9, 2017
  4. pdirect

Ashley

Run the Cbus diagnostic routine for a while. It will log all changes to the ga's and which unit changed them. Since you know the ga's you are looking for you can define a filter to just show those.

Ashley, Oct 10, 2017
Ask a Question