Ramp to zero

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Ramp Groups to Off

When a group address is ramped to level 0, the command is received by all C-Bus Units on the network. On some old C-Bus input units, the status indicator will go off as soon as this message is seen, even though the level is still above 0 for some time. For this reason, many devices send a "ramp to level 1" command followed by an "off" command when the level gets to 1. In this case, the input unit status indicators will show the state correctly. To select this behaviour, select the Ramp Groups to Level 1 then send Off check box.

If this check box is not selected, then ramping to level 0 will be done with a single "ramp to level 1" command.

From Help File

Does this mean that its ramped to 1 then a ramp to zero without a log entry , as the log file in Piced or Toolkit show.

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Dave Byron, Jan 27, 2010
  2. Dave Byron

Newman

When the tickbox is un-ticked, you should see a single C-Bus command that is simply ramp to 0%, or an Off command.

When the tickbox is ticked, you should see a ramp to 1% command, followed by an Off command.

Newman, Jan 27, 2010
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Newman
    That's what I would have thouught too, but see pic.
    Going to test on real network.

dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Jan 27, 2010
  4. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

This is how the button is set
    dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Jan 27, 2010
  5. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Newman
    If I click the button with a short press level go 0, 100 but if set on and use the dim action group goes to 1%
    not zero but as the shutter closes that is all I want.

Case closed for me, but Piced not do as you say

tks
    dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Dave Byron, Jan 27, 2010
  6. Dave Byron

Newman

That checkbox only applies when you're ramping groups off over a period of time, like in a Scene. If you're using a dimmer key to dim up/down a group and control your blinds, then you'll be dimming between 1% and 100%. C-Bus dimmers never dim to level 0 during dimming operations. A dimmer key doesn't ramp to off, so it is unaffected by that checkbox.

It seems to me that your confusion has come from the expectation that dimmer keys dim to off.

Newman, Jan 28, 2010
Ask a Question