Ramp to level 1

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

even when the box "ramp to level 1 then off" is unset you still can not dim a load to o%, it dims to 1% and stops.
    ctouch 2.0.44

dave

Dave Byron, Jan 31, 2005
  2. Dave Byron

Newman

Dave

This only applies when a command to explicitly ramp the group address off is requested.

If this option is selected and a ramp off command is desired the group will be ramped to 1% and a separate off command will be issued at that point. If the option is not selected then the group is ramped down to 0% straight away.

The reasoning behind this is to create consistency in the way the indicators work. The key units typically show the target level of the group as opposed to the instantaneous level. By turning this feature on, the indicators of all corresponding key units will stay on and only turn off when the group address reaches 0%.

It has nothing to do with how the unit behaves when using normal up/down dimmer functions.

Newman, Jan 31, 2005
  3. Dave Byron

Richo

If I understand what you both are saying, Dave is still experiencing a ramping to 0% problem, but Newman has just identified that the option "ramp to level 1 then off" is irrelevant to the problem.

Is that correct, is there still a problem to look into?

Richo, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Dave Byron

Newman

Dave has simply discovered one of the properties of C-Bus. When a key on any unit is configured as a dimmer it allows the user to dim the group between a range of 1% and 100%. A short press of the key is required to turn the group off. I have highlighted that the option Dave was selecting doesn't actually relate to his observations.

Dave, can you clarify what you're trying to achieve here?

Newman, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Dave Byron

Richo

Thanks Newman that is clearer, so basically everything appears to be as designed. Cool.

Richo, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

dimming

what i was testing was in ctouch only - seting a button to dimming and then pressing and holding the button to dim.
    With the option unset dimming stops at 1% so now you have to use a second click to turn off .
    Understand why it is need on switches but on touch should be able to dim from 100% - 0% if option is off.

dave

Dave Byron, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Dave Byron

Newman

And I bet that's the way it behaves with the option set too. As I said earlier, that option is unrelated to the behaviour you are describing.
    Not true. C-Touch needs to stay 100% compatible with all C-Bus products. Change the behaviour of the way the C-Touch does dimming and all of a sudden it stops working with all other C-Bus units. Changing the way the dimming works means that the C-Bus messaging would need to change and this has far-reaching implications. Remember that C-Touch is part of a SYSTEM, not a stand-alone product.

Newman, Feb 1, 2005
  8. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

newman

ok ok
    so i can live with it, just need to make sure what i was doing to it

tks dave

Dave Byron, Feb 1, 2005
Ask a Question